15 posts tagged internet
Those good old days before the internet and social media
Simple yet very clever ad for search engine optimization and online marketing company SEO Dudes
Twitter’s logo gets a redesign
Twitter’s nice little blue bird, named Larry the Bird (after legendary Larry Bird, former basketball player at Boston Celtics) got a brand new, but not too conspicuous, a more conservative and (without his hair) less punk style on the designer’s desk. Maybe the little bird has grown up. By the way, the newly redesigned Larry on its side looks like Batman. Nice one, Twitter!
Selling mobile phones - Russian style
Translations to the Russian copy:
- 'Stay connected no matter where you are!'
- 'I will tell everything you want to know about roaming!'
- 'Bothered by uncertainty? Consultatnt will help you!'
- 'Time is money.'
- 'I prefer protected roaming.'
- 'A High-quality network is vital on your business trips…'
- 'Let's make international relations stronger!'
- 'Don't forget that each hotel has Wi-Fi zones for you!'
- 'The danger is in lack of mobile education!'
- 'Tourists, be aware that roaming can be ruining!'
New Google subway ad as part of the “Good to know” campaign
via Brands of the world
Philips - Get Obsessed With Sound
Tribal DDB Amsterdam has launched “Obsessed with Sound”, a new interactive audiovisual online experience for Philips. The campaign, which promotes the quality of the Philips audio range, launches across 11 markets including Germany, France, Russia, UK, USA, Brazil, Argentina and India.
The website gives the audience a unique opportunity to see and hear the GRAMMY Award-winning Dutch Metropole Orchestra as they perform a specifically composed orchestral piece. Throughout the performance, users can interactively isolate any one of the 51 individual musicians to hear every detail of their musical contribution.
Advertising Agency: Tribal DDB Amsterdam
Promotion: “Obsessed with Sound”
Art Director: Bart Mol
Copywriter: Pol Hoenderboom
Production Company: Stink
Orchestra: Metropole Orchestra
Amazing Interactive Film on Asos’ Website
Asos’s Urban Tour promotes the clothes brand’s Autumn/Winter menswear collection. Featuring some pretty serious dubstep, the film sees a variety of talented street dancers perform, and allows the viewer to zoom in on individual dancers, as well as their clothes. Similar interactive videos are to be launched for Paris and Tokyo, featuring in-line skating, and Japanese beatboxers.
Advertising Agency: BBH, USA
Production Company: Stinkdigital
Promotion: "Urban Tour"
Adventures of Sebi and Paul in Switzerland
We already know from the cute commercial above, that Switzerland is more than just mountains and here is the latest story of Sebi and Paul chatting with each other on Facebook in a cyber café, “The holidays without internet”, which is one of my personal favourite online campaigns:
When you connect to their ‘chat window’ using Facebook Connect, the result is a conversation featuring you and your Facebook page. The chat not just pulls your name as part of the conversation but makes some witty comments about your status updates and photos. The lead up is to convey a message that you are spending way too much time on Facebook and its time for you to head to the Swiss mountains – a promotional contest message follows.
The campaign has everything going for it – engagement, surprise, personalization. What’s more, it taps into the belief that we all are spending way too much time on social media sites – and the message of a Swiss Holiday without any internet connectivity fits in very well there.
So, destination is Switzerland, with or without internet.
What Facebook is for
More episodes of the funny series in social media topic:
Propaganda style social media posters by Aaron Wood
Increase workplace productivity with soviet style propaganda!
Little Internet math
60 seconds on the Internet [INFOGRAPHIC]
Have you ever wondered what happens in just 1 minute in the world? Now this amazing infographic by Go-Globe shows you what happens on the Internet in 60 seconds. Incredible numbers. [Click on image for larger picture]
The most important facts:
- Search engine Google serves more that 694,445 queries
- 6,600+ pictures are uploaded on Flickr
- 600 videos are uploaded on YouTube videos, amounting to 25+ hours of content
- 695,000 status updates, 79,364 wall posts and 510,040 comments on Facebook
- 70 New domains are registered
- 168,000,000+ emails are sent
- 320 new accounts and 98,000 tweets are generated on Social Networking site Twitter
- iPhone applications are downloaded more than13,000 times
- 20,000 new posts are published on Micro-blogging platform tumbler
- Popular web browser FireFox is downloaded more than 1700 times
- Popular blogging platform WordPress is downloaded more than 50 times
- WordPress Plugins aredownloaded more than 125 times
- 100 accounts are created on professional networking site LinkedIn
- 40 new Questions are asked on YahooAnswers.com
- 100+ questions are asked on Answers.com
- 1 new article is published on Associated Content, largest source of user generated content
- 1 new definition is added on UrbanDictionary.com
- 1,200+ new ads are created on Craigslist
- 370,000+ minutes of voice calls done by Skype users
- 13,000+ hours of music streaming is done by personalized Internet radio provider Pandora
- 1,600+ reads are made on Scribd, the largest social reading publishing company